All the Group products are eternally recyclable
The efficient use of the resources is an essential requirement for CELSA Group™
The respect and care for the environment is fundamental to us
All the Group
The efficient use of the
resources is an essential
The respect and care
for the environment is
fundamental to us
Environment and energy
The protection and improvement of the environment is essential to us. Every day we try to improve our methods and installations by establishing controls, looking for new applications for the reuse or valorization of our waste and investing in technological improvements that benefit the environment. Our plants stand out for their recycling capacity.
CELSA Group™ aims for excellence in environmental management. Hence, in recent years we have been working on implementing the most demanding environmental management systems in our parent companies such as the European EMAS. Likewise, we have participated in the Climate Action Program of the World Steel Association.
At CELSA Group™ we make an outstanding contribution to the preservation of the environment.
Using the most sustainable steel production technology.
Recycling steel products at the end of their life cycle.
Reusing and valorizing the by-products of manufacturing processes that use steel as raw material.
Manufacturing of completely recyclable products and operating efficiently our facilities.
• Comply with the legal obligations and requirements in the areas we operate. Information, collaboration and transparency with the Administrations.
• Consider the needs and expectations of the stakeholders. Enter into commitments and voluntary agreements with our closest communities in environmental improvement projects and in the dissemination and training of workers and neighbors in an environmental matter.
• Work with contrasted environmental management systems, certified and adapted to the nature of our activities that ensure care and respect for the environment by encouraging each person in our organization to act in an environmentally responsible manner.
• Apply continuous improvement in all our processes and develop and invest in new technologies that allow us to prevent and minimize atmospheric emissions, generation of waste and inefficient use of resources. Consider the life cycle of the product to determine environmental aspects and impacts.
• Promote commitment and an environmentally responsible performance of our suppliers, contractors and subcontractors which in this regard are the decisive factor of choice.
• Promote the recovery, recycling and reuse of our products and work with our clients in raising awareness of the steel life cycle. Participate in initiatives that promote the use of environmentally responsible products.
• Effective and responsible use of natural resources and energy.
• Systematic appliance of continuous improvement and prevention of pollution in the management of processes that include the establishment and periodic review of environmental objectives and goals.
• Develop a productive system that respects the environment and complies with the legal obligations and commitments and voluntary agreements signed by CELSA Group™ related to its environmental aspects.
• Encourage the implementation of the waste hierarchy in a manner that favors the following management processes: prevention, minimization, reusing, recycling, energy valorization and leaving landfill disposal as a residual management channel.
• Consider and minimize the impact of environmental aspects from the extraction of raw materials to the end-of-life conditions of the equipment, the facilities and the manufactured products, by using the best available and affordable technologies of the company.
• Develop the environmental commitment of each person that will be linked to our business including management, employees, contractors, customers and suppliers, making awareness, information and training an essential tool.
• Communicate in an open and transparent way our environmental performance with all the interested parties with the objective of achieving an environmentally respectful integration in our environment.
Efficient water management
The most relevant industrial processes of the Group are carried out at high temperatures. This fact implies the need to use water to ensure the cooling of both, the facilities and the manufactured product. At CELSA Group ™ we are totally committed to the efficient use of this valuable natural resource. Our specific water consumption values in our plants remain among the best in the sector thanks to our continuous implementation of actions that reduce this consumption.
How do we do it?
• Use of semi-closed refrigeration circuits that allow the continuous reuse of most of the water involved in the process.
• Implementation of rainwater collection and reuse systems.
• Ensuring the quality of the reused water.
• Commissioning of completely closed cooling systems where the cooling of the water in the circuit is carried out by air-coolers and without the option of losses due to evaporation.
New opportunities for waste
For CELSA Group ™, waste management is an opportunity and a clear sign of commitment to the circular economy. All the activities of the Group companies are carried out in accordance with these principles. In this line, the Group carries out various actions to promote a more sustainable and positive development for the environment:
• The use of ferrous scrap as a raw material. In the steel mills, the waste recycling process is developed to convert it into a commercial product again. This allows a lower energy cost and a more sustainable and efficient development.
• CELSA Group™ products are eternally recyclable thanks to the properties of steel. This allows all manufactured products to return to the life cycle without the need to overexploit natural resources.
• Valorization and use of waste generated during the steelmaking process. These generated materials are considered by-products because of their high intrinsic value. They have a high capacity to be used as secondary raw materials for processes such as the construction of roads or for their reuse in the process of obtaining steel.