Sustainable Development Goals
CELSA GROUP™ with the United Nations Global Compact
Sustainable Development Goals
CELSA GROUP™ with
the United Nations
SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS
Our commitment to sustainability is the force that motivates us to keep growing and to keep caring for the world around us. We believe that all forms of progress, whether environmental, social and/or economic, should go hand in hand with achieving the global objectives proposed by international organisations.
The commitment that the CELSA Group™ has entered into with the United Nations Global Compact implies a pledge on the part of our company to adhere to the ten principles that comprise the core of the Compact, in areas as diverse as human rights, employment regulations, the environment, the fight against corruption, and the adoption of measures to support the objectives of the United Nations as currently set out in the Sustainable Development Goals. The 17 global goals defined by the United Nations address the key challenges that we face as a society from an integrated and cross-cutting perspective.
This Compact does not represent a new direction for us: from its earliest days, the CELSA Group™ has always approached its business and management activities in line with the principles of ethical conduct, respect for the environment and social responsibility. Now, thanks to our alliance with the United Nations, our commitment to these principles is even stronger and allows us to face the future with greater ambition.
The United Nations’ Ten Principles
1. Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights, within their sphere of influence.
2. Businesses should make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
3. Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining.
4. Businesses should uphold the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour.
5. Businesses should uphold the effective abolition of child labour.
6. Businesses should uphold the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and
7. Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges.
8. Businesses should undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility.
9.Businesses should encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
10. Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
The CELSA Group™ cannot achieve success as a business without a sustainable environment. Only with the active engagement of governments, companies and citizens will it be possible to overcome the significant challenges facing humanity.
1. End poverty in all its forms everywhere.
2. End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture.
3. Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages.
4. Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.
5. Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
6. Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all.
7. Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all.
8. Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all.
9. Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation.
10. Reduce inequality within and among countries.
11. Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable.
12. Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns.
13. Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts.
14. Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development.
15. Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss.
16. Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels.
17. Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development.