CELSA Group™ seeks entrepreneurs and “startups” to revolutionize the steel sector
January 11, 2018
- The steel group presents the second call for Ingenium, a talent support program to lead the transformation posed by Industry 4.0
- Candidates have until November 15th to present their proposals and the finalists will have the opportunity to scale the project within the group.
Following the successful harvest in the last year´s call, Celsa Group™ returns to launch Ingenium, the talent support program that seeks to encourage the transformation posed by Industry 4.0 and lead change in the steel sector. The company aims to gather entrepreneurs and “startups” from around the world to present innovative ideas that address the current and future challenges of the steel industry.
The deadline for submitting the projects is November 15, 2017, and candidates can subscribe through the webpage ingenium.gcelsa.com. Once the registration period has been closed, a team of experts from the Group will select the best proposals.
The finalists will participate in “Demo Day” by Celsa Group™, a two-day event in Castellbisbal where the projects will be presented, and co-creation groups will be organized to improve them. During these days, the entrepreneurs will have access to the company to discover their facilities and problems, and to work with the professionals in the company to improve their proposals. The winners will have the opportunity to have a future relationship with the group.
The first edition of Ingenium, launched last year, received more than 60 proposals from around the world, of which 30 participated in “Demo Day”. After the selection process, 10 projects were awarded and the corresponding pilots are currently being developed, achieving direct impact both in current business, as well as in the creation of new businesses and the organizational culture of the Group.
The five major challenges of Ingenium
The program promoted by Celsa Group™ is able to address five challenges related to the steel industry and that encompass the Industry 4.0:
- It has an efficient solution for energy storage within the company.
- It can make the supply chain system more traceable to improve the process of ordering and delivering products.
- It encompasses the automation and optimization of processes that can manage all aspects of the manufacturing or production process.
- There is the creation of intelligent steel based on technologies and materials that send data in real time and provide information on their status.
- Finally, it provides a circular economy that can create and reinvent the small circles that add value throughout the life cycle of a product.
About CELSA Group™
Celsa Group™ (www.celsagroup.com) is the first private steel group in Spain and third manufacturer of long steel products in Europe. The multinational company is made up of six large business groups with steelworks, rolling mills, processing plants, distribution companies and recyclers. It has over 9,100 employees worldwide and is present industrially in Denmark, Spain, Finland, France, Norway, Poland, Sweden and the United Kingdom.
For more information: